MBS Public Meeting Minutes 1-23-20
UpdatedSaturday January 25, 2020 byChief Information Officer.
MBBSB – January 23, 2020
Attendees: MM, DR, EZ, JC, LL & 9 public members including MHS Softball Coach Thomas
1. Registration update
- Email push to all about deadline and rates. Email sent to list of 2019 but not registered for 2020.
- Work on retaining players.
- Charter with Cal Ripken complete
- Insurance starts Feb 1st
- Ordered new banners/ patches for districts
- Update on winter activities
- Clinics underway numbers reviewed
- Coach Danik to add more spots to clinic
- Umpire registration open- classes start February 2nd
- 17 registered for classes 1st & 2nd years
- MHS Varsity Coaches Thomas & Danik to spread need for umpires- President to email her a flyer.
- Travel Baseball & Softball by Monday 1/27
2. League Calendar
- Reviewed tentative calendar dates
- Review dates for Edgar tryouts - circle back for Juniors
- Cadet Umpire Program- Reviewed program. Discussion on duration of classes, can this be shorter to attract more umpires? Board to review with cadet trainer to coordinate and confirm all program details
- Picture Night – Treasurer to choose and call
- Determine Dick’s Sporting Goods day
- Determine Chipotle, Jersey Mikes and Local restaurant days
- Dates reviewed
- T-ball Clinic. President to contact Angela & Bruce
- Safety and Coaches clinics advised
- New Child Abuse registration online
4. League Events
- Senior Nights- coordinate Softball night with Coach Thomas
- Patriots’ Night- President to contact Patriot Mascot
- Elk’s HR Derby- Setting dates to increase participation
- Fundraising - Letter out to all
- CIO announced Fun Football fundraiser - prize to winner and portion to league $10, open to all-use funds for sheds to make better use of fields & better practices. Contact Mike Miller
5. Softball Divisional Realignment Proposal (Board to Vote)
- Reviewed with attendees, questions opened and answered
- Board voted unanimously YES
- VP of Softball to announce
6. Open discussion to public
- Craig Morano container name to call about transition and switch
- VP of Softball volunteered to be single Point of Contact for fields- maintain calendar with Nancy Goldberg *Request from public to have 1 calendar and delete all other docs.
- Fields can be used for multiple ages and for both baseball / softball bring mound - same lay out
- What can we do to retain kids?
- Summer development?
- Extend the season to June
- Review with other town sports on their calendar – how can we find a way to have kids do both if they choose- play on different days?
- Make the summer product better
- Have playoffs- similar to Soccer Megatastical morning ?
- Make end more fun, leave on high note of group playoffs.
- Shirts instead of trophies
*Next meeting beginning of February for Board. TBD